Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mechatronics, also called mechatronic engineering, is an interdisciplinary branch of electrical engineering and mechanical systems and also includes a combination of robotics, mechanical engineering, electronics, computer, power engineering, telecommunications, systems, control, and product engineering. Originally mechatronics was intended to be a combination of mechanics and electronics, hence the name being a portmanteau. However, the definition had been broadened to include more technical areas as the complexity of technical systems has evolved.
Books[edit | edit source]
- Mechatronics: Electronic Control Systems in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering by W. Bolton
- Mechatronics by J. Paulo Davim
- Mechatronics: A Foundation Course by Clarence W. de Silva
- Mechatronics by M.D. Singh
- Mechatronic Systems: Devices, Design, Control, Operation and Monitoring by Clarence W. de Silva